Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update

Hello again. I just wanted to post a quick update. Tonight at 6:30, Tim's grandmother passed away. We all thought it would be hours until her passing, but she surprised us. Well, maybe God surprised us. She was suffering, and the ever wonderful Mandy helped to ensure that she was at ease. Mandy gave her Haldol to help her relax and that was all she had needed. In just about an hours time, she had let go. Tim's aunt Bernice called Mandy an angel and I think she was right. This last week has been chaotic, hectic, stressful, uncertain, and frustrating. Mandy was our source of information and our point of reason. Thank you Mandy for doing what you do and for being my sister! Please continue to pray for our family. There is a lot of personal unrest for some of the members in Tim's family and I worry that Gram's passing may bring some of these issues out. In fact, there has already been a small argument within the extended family. I pray that these family members focus on what is important and not trivial; but most important, I pray that they find God. He is the source of all peace, comfort, and serenity. I was able to refocus my life through a loved one's passing and I pray that too can do the same. God Bless & thank you for the prayers!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Kristy and Sandy, Dinner was so good tonight. Thanks for still cooking when I know you are having to deal with the loss of Tim's grandmother. My last grandparent died two days before christmas last year. I was blessed to have 5 grandparents well into my adulthood.