Thursday, October 30, 2008

It must be a test!

It must be a test!!! That's all I can say. Patti, I needed to be reminded of this scripture.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says, “But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

I need this everyday, but especially today. I haven't posted anything in the last few days and I have so much to say. I just need to clear my head. I need to read the word and I need to pray. I need to be filled with His word. I need to stop being so down today and realize that despite the trials, life is good. Why can't I get this through my head? I know that God is in control, but today I am struggling with letting Him carry the burdens. I can only pray that tomorrow is a better day than today.

Sorry to rant, but I have avoided a lot of people today and maybe they will read this and know it wasn't personal....I just need to be sad today and talk to my Father and ask for his strength as I feel weak...

4 comments:

Brenda Collins said...

hang in there.
brendacollinsm@hotmail.com

Andrea said...

It's not a sin to struggle! You are doing what you should as a Christian, reaching for God through his word, and in prayer, and through other christians. Be comforted to know that most christians have been through it too. Reach out like you are. Be literally on your knees in prayer.

He promises you can find peace that passes all understanding in Him.

Phil 4:7 "And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall gaurd your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Annette said...

On days like this I think of the story of the woman who was healed simply by touching the hem of Jesus' garment. And then I picture myself hanging on to the last thread of the hem of Jesus' garment, and I know that even by hanging on that much he can save me!

PS, God Loves You said...

Kristi,

I know it's been rough for you now for more than a week. I am so sorry. What you probably don't want to hear is "Kristi, this is much like exercise, you are building spiritualy muscles!"

As I sit here at the computer after a terrible bout with the stomach bug, I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I'm not sure what I am to learn from the last 36 hours, but I know there will be several things.

Deep down you know what to do, yet it is soooooooo hard. Brenda, Andrea, Annette, and I are all relating. There have been times that I have literally been on the floor, in my closet, pouring out my heart to GOD. He listens! He cares! He gives a peace that passes understanding! His grace is sufficient!

Here is a post on my blog back in June about the same scripture - R.E.A.P.S. Day Thirteen.

http://momstransformed.blogspot.com/2008/06/reaps-day-thirteen.html