Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bless this day!

Hello again! So I can finally get into my blog to make a new post, but now I have to do it from a different computer. I have a virus on my laptop and I downloaded an anti-virus, but guess what? It was a scam! What fun to come home to after a miserable day at work. So, here is a test of my newly dedicated Christian faith. What am I to do after such a rotten day??? Pray and read the scripture! I have been praying, but before I start reading scripture, I wanted to post a few of my thoughts on this week. I figured I would do this first because I always end up reading much more than I planned which is wonderful, but I don't want to forget anything. ;-) So here it is!

Isn't it just amazing when you feel God is leading you in a particular way and then He puts up a billboard saying- "You got it! Do this!!!"? That has happened a lot to me lately and I just love it! It is so amazing that I am able to hear God's will! I said to my husband on Sunday Morning as we were getting ready for church that I had a new idea for this blog. A few weeks ago, Patti & Steve were talking about how we should bless others in the "How God Does Family" class. I have been trying to do this, but much to your surprise, it is hard for me to verbally bless someone. I am working on it, but I think that I can do it in my writings. So, every time I have a new post, I want to conclude it by blessing someone. I loved the idea of blessing others since it was first explained to me, so I was thrilled with finally being able to do it in my own little way. The awesome part- Steve's sermons on Sunday was all about blessings! It was just so perfect and it was like God showing me that billboard saying- "So, do you get it now?" I just love those messages!!!

Tuesday night was an amazing night for me. I had a wonderful friend of mine come over for dinner and to talk with Katherine, my mom and I about the truth we had found in Jesus and His word. She seemed to be very interested and expressed interest in coming back next week. There is so much to learn and understand, but her interest amazes me. She sees the changes in me & Tim and wants it for her and her husband. That is probably the very best compliment anyone has ever paid me! She is one of my very best friends, and to hear that she can visibly see that God is working on me. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but He is surely working! I feel the changes, but to know that they are becoming visible, that is a blessing!!! Thank you, my dear friend, for blessing me in such a wonderful way!

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who has sent cards, comments, and emails of sympathy to us for Tim's grandmom. It is always hard to lose a family member, but your kind words have been uplifting and such a blessing to our family!

Before I write my blessing for today, I wanted to post these lyrics as they spoke to my heart at so many times over this very trying week.

Count Your Blessings

When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,When you are discouraged,
thinking all is lost,Count your many blessings, name them one by one,And it will
surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Refrain:Count your blessings, name them one by one,Count your blessings, see what God hath done!Count your blessings, name them one by one,And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?Does the cross seem heavy you
are called to bear?Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,And you will
keep singing as the days go by.

When you look at others with their lands and
gold,Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;Count your many
blessings—wealth can never buy Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
So, amid the conflict whether great or small,Do not be disheartened, God is
over all;Count your many blessings, angels will attend,Help and comfort give you
to your journey’s end.


The Blessing: You are such an amazing woman. You are a teacher, a leader, an inspiration in addition to being a grateful daughter, a loving wife, and a devoted mother. You are truly a wonderful sister and more giving than I could have ever hoped for. You are so diligent in sharing the Word by your God-given skills and have inspired so many to strive as you do to share our journey with others in hopes of forming a bond as God's loving family. Bless you, Patti, for all that you do for the women of our congregation and for me!

5 comments:

Annette said...

I look forward to sharing your journey of A New Beginning on your blog. Your enthusiasm for Christ is so refreshing and encouraging!

PS, God Loves You said...

It took me a while to get over the shock of your blessing. I haven't totally recovered but just want to say, GOD IS AMAZING! Thank you, Kristi for choosing to be His daughter and BLESS Him and His family in such a special way. GIGATTAATTGIG!!! GOD is good all the time and all the time GOD is good. Because of JESUS, I get to call you my sister!

Steve Sikes said...

Kristi, first of all thank you for blessing my wife! Yeah!! She truly is amazing! I love your heart, your little family, your passion and desire to please God first (2 Cor 5:9), your spirit of reaching out to others with Jesus, your personal study in the Word, your service, your smile, your sense of humor :), your BLOG!! GO GOD! HE IS GOOD! Blessings, sis.

Andrea said...

One of the things I truly love about our leaders at Pitman, is that they lead by example. They are ALWAYS willing to go first, to take the first step and give the glory to God. You show signs of a great leader. You've led by example in your blessing to Patti. I'm going to take your lead and pray for God to send someone to my heart that I should bless. You should come up with a button (see Patti's Share the Love Button on her blog) for others to share the blessing.

I'm enjoying your blog and fresh perspective. Thanks for opening your life the the world. You're light, salt and a blessing.

Judy said...

I think you can bless others in your writings. That's a great way to do it. Those written words can stay in someone's mind and bless them over and over. I'm glad I've come across your site. I've been reading the transformed Moms site for a while. It's great for people to say they can see a difference in your life. Your sister in Christ in Oklahoma